Rag-US is hosting a team trip to the Venda area in South Africa in February of 2019. The current president of the Venda nation has invited Reaching a Generation to bring the Good News of hope to the nation’s children. Through school presentations, literature, and other methods, a generation of Venda children will hear the Gospel.
Read through this page for all the details of the trip. There is a link near the bottom that can be used to submit an application.
This may be your chance to make a difference in the lives of others by bringing them the good news of hope through Jesus Christ. Others who have gone in the past find their lives enriched as they experience God working through them to bring hope to the hopeless.
Consider being a part of the team. You won't regret it.
Who Are the Venda?
The Venda people live in the mountainous region in the northeast part of South Africa, next to Zimbabwe. They are a culturally rich group steeped in mythology, and ancestor worship.
Over hundreds of years the Venda have developed a unique language, pottery and music. Their traditions concerning children, however, have changed little over the years.
Small children are cared for by their grandmothers, (called Gugu) while the mothers work the fields. Fathers have no parental role.
Music plays an important part in Venda culture, with children learning traditional songs and dances early in life.
The team will be doing Gospel-based presentations and literature distribution in public schools in the Venda Nation of South Africa.
The team will stay a few days at the Shikwaru Game Lodge in the Limpopo province of South Africa. Shikwaru offers African safari adventures and comfortable housing.
We'll enjoy a game drive into the bush on one of our days at Shikwaru, so be sure to bring your camera!
Schedule and Itinerary
Trip Dates: Feb 22– March 3, 2019
- Feb 21: Depart RDU
- Feb 22: Arrive in South Africa
- Feb 23-24: Orientation & Planning
- Feb 25-Mar 1: School Outreaches
- Mar 2: Relax & Debrief @ Shikwaru
- Mar 3: Return to RDU
- Airfare: Round trip from RDU - $1,400
- Daily Food & Board: ($90/day) - $810
- Total Trip Cost (Estimated) - $2,210
Who Can Apply?
- Active Christians with a servant heart.
- Children’s ministry specialists
- Those with reasonably good health and ability to stand for extended periods.
- Those with a heart for children and willing to work among the poor and in unhealthy environments.
- Those willing to take directions from Team Leaders and serve as assigned.
Team Member Commitment
- Attend team training meetings.
- Be responsible for all trip costs and submit all funds on time.
- Be an active team member willing to be “stretched” into new areas of service and ministry.
- Application Deadline - December 2, 2018
- Deposit: $1,400 - January 15, 2019
- Final Payment: $810 - February 17, 2019
Prayerfully consider if God wants you to be a part of this life-changing ministry to the children of Venda.
If so, click the Team Member Application link below to start the process.
Team Member Application
Click the Application button on the right to start the application process. The application takes about five minutes to complete and no initial deposit is required to be considered for the team.